Thursday, May 28, 2009

What to do with a tall wall



Well I mentioned in the post about rearranging that I knew what I wanted to do with that tall wall in our living room/kitchen area.

Ok I found this HERE on the Thrifty Decor Chicks blog. I love this idea. Here is a photo of her wall.



This is in her play area/loft. I am going to do this with our tall wall. Here is our wall.



I am going to be on the hunt for shelves like this now. I have two white ones, and if I can find 3 more that are similar...then I have got it. I can't wait to get it all together. I know myself and will probably not wait until I have all 5 shelves to actually start putting them up on the wall. I will also be on the hunt for tons of cheap frames (thrift stores and garage sales) to spray paint and add photos too. When I rearranged we had that black bookcase that had all the photos on it, but daily got rearranged by the two little ones. So they were usually just laying down on the shelves. Well this way I can still display them, and no little fingers can reach them. I love it. I also really like the framed monogram she has on the very top shelf. I am thinking along with the photos I want some M's to display. I have always liked the look of letters on shelves, and I think this would go great on these shelves. I know this picture of my wall doesn't even show exactly how tall the wall really is, but it is tall. If you look in the back of the photo, you can kind of tell how the ceiling slants up. Well it is tall and I have always struggled with what to do with it.

0 comments: