Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kids just know.

Do you ever have one of those moments when your kids say something to you, and it is just the most perfect thing? It is like they just knew what you wanted them to say, without you ever telling them?
Just a little while ago, I gave little Jacob a coupon to throw away. He says to Caleb ,"Caleb, this coupon says she is the best Mommy ever."

It brought me to tears because it was like he just knew I needed to hear that at this exact moment on this exact day. Then of course he asked why I was crying and I told him it just made me so happy that he said that.
See the reason being is that recently someone told me that in their opinion I was a horrible mother, I didn't like my kids and I didn't deserve my kids, I was a *itch, and I am not nor would I ever be a mother to Ryan and Marcus. Well I could care less what other people think of me, but sometimes weather you believe the words that someone is saying to you they still hurt. As a mother we all know we question ourselves daily, and to hear that it stung alot. My response to these people was nothing. I chose not to fight with them INFRONT of my kids as they were yelling this at me.
If anyone knows me at all, EVERYTHING I do in my life is for Jacob and the kids. I wake up each and everyday and thank God that I have them all in my life. I would not be a complete person without them in it.

So as I sit here and type this (and cry again)... I just thank my child for thinking that. There is not many other greater moments being a mom as when you hear that from your child.
To those that said that about me, I don't care what they think and if that is they way they feel then they need no part in my childrens lives (ALL 4 of my children that is).

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

You tell em girlfriend! That is the sweetest thing ever what little Jacob said. Keep your chin up and don't let it bug you.