Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

I found these two guys at the Thrift Store today. I believe I was at the American Way. I have found that I don't like the American Way, even though it is much bigger, as much as I really like the Salvation Army. TSA is cheaper. I was finding used stuff for expensive prices at TAW.

However I did find these two things. Each of them were only $1.99. I don't think I would have bought them if they were any more that that. The little urn vase has a little chip on one corner on the stand, and the tray is just down right ugly. They are currently drying in the front yard with a nice few coats of black spray paint on them. I really like that tray with the black on it, but I am still not sure about the urn vase. I am thinking the urn vase needs more of a brownish color to it. I will have to check out the spray paint colors next time I am at Walmart, or make a special trip to The Home Depot.



Ok I talked to the lady about the house again today. She said that she promises she will not rent it out. She is going to meet with me on Monday to give us the applications. As long as it all checks out the house will be ours. :) She has to make sure that we are not being evicted, or ever have been evicted and we don't go around writing bad checks. :) Which neither of those are us, so it is looking like it is going to work out, but I still don't want to get my hopes up until we have given our deposit and we are ready to move in. She is having the new brown carpet put in at the beginning of next week as well. Then she wants me to go look at it with the new carpet as well. She told me today that we should just like the kind of people they are looking for to put in this house. She has had about 30 other calls on it as well.
I am praying that this is meant for us. :) I think it was so meant to be becasue this was just the third or so house I called about, and only the second person I had actually talked to. The first guy was real nice, but he gave me the wrong address, so I couldn't find the house. The kids and I thought we found which one it was, but it just didn't jump out at me you know.

So I thought I would just share a couple pictures of the house....just so you can enjoy them with me. LOL.

I AM SO EXCITED still thinking about it. OMG I so hope that there are no problems and it is for sure ours.

Here is the front of the house.


Here is the BIG kitchen. I love how open it is. I am standing in the area where you would put a table and chairs in there.

Here are the stairs. See that wall there, I would so put a few pictures of the kids in black frames on that wall. Then in a vinyl quote have it say, "We do not remember days, but Moments".

Ok I am off to dream so more. I have the entire house decorated in my mind already. LOL. Ok I will stop now. No really I am off to finish up some stuff for my moms surprise party on Saturday. I am making a cute orange and green happy birthday banner with beads hanging. It is turning out real cute.
For her birthday I am making her a camera strap cover in a really pretty fabric. Acutally I am thinking I am going to make her two of them. I will share them later though.

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Isee little cutie patootie jacob peeking in there in the picture, looks like he likes it too. That house is so you Nicole, sounds good for you guys. I am feeling human again so call me, or I am working Wednesday, so I can bring your Lime Rickey then if you want. Talk to ya later!