Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

What are you doing to celebrate today? Us...NOTHING. Feels good too. :) Jacob is on graveyard so he has to work tonight, and is sleeping today. So we are just chilling at home today. Seems to be the thing for us lately. I have been not sleeping well for the past 2 weeks or so, so I seem to be tired alot lately. Then all the other days off that Jacob had were spent working on the new boat, and getting it ready for last Tuesday when we took it out to Silverwood. (I think I'll share those pictures too). So this weekend and week are just spent relaxing. However, today when Jacob went to bed me and the kids compeltely rearranged the kitchen and living room. Yes I said kitchen too. I moved the black hutch into the kitchen, turned the table in a different direction, moved the bakers rack, and then moved all the furniture in the living room. We moved the tv back to it's original wall, moved the couch around, moved the bookcase. I have to say that I LOVE how it turned out. I really love the kitchen too. This original tan hutch that I painted black, has always been on this one wall in our living room. The wall that I have a hate hate relationship with. Our living room is a horrible shape, and this wall is there, but hard to put anything on. It really isn't in the kitchen area, but isn't in the living room either. So the black hutch has always been there, with a catch all of things. It had some candles, books, mini scrapbooks..like a mish mash of all things that didnt' really have a home. Well I scooted it into the wall in the kitchen and took everything off and just put back on some clear crystal things that I we have in different areas. I LOVE it. I will photograph it later when I can go in my room and grab my camera. I turned my kitchen table, and even though the chair by the window, doesn't have tons of room to be pushed in and out, there is still enough room that I can get in and out, so it is fine. It totally opens up the kitchen and almost makes me not want to move. lol. I will find before and after photos to show you here.

So on to the boat pictures.


Here is the boat that we bought for.... $400.00. We got such a deal on it. We had to drive to San Pedro to get it, and then tow it home. Then the mans wife works at the DMV, and hooked us up helping us out getting the paperwork done to put it in our names. We even got a forever plate for the trailer. Cool. So the registration and transfer for it all was only $148.00.

Here is Jacob out driving it at Silverwood Lake last Tuesday.


Here are me and the babies. We all wore tons of sunscreen and didn't get a bit of sun.
Here is Marcus lounging on the boat as we took a drive in it.
The kids loved playing in the COLD water when we weren't out on the boat.

Jacob was not afraid of the water as much this time, which is a big improvement from other water times.

Here is my handsome (and now REALLY REALLY tan) husband driving the boat. He was enjoying himself so much.

Here is a view of the water from the back of the boat.

I caught this rainbow as we were out on the lake as well.

We had a good time on Tuesday. We took the BBQ with us, and bbq's hamburgers and hot dogs. We took some chips and bean dip too and it was all good. (Ok...I brought ketchup and mustard that were almost empty, but it still worked out). We headed home about 7:30 pm ish. It was fun and I can't wait to go out again. We need one more little life jacket, since Walmart only had one in the little size that we need. But it was all good.

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Looks like you guys are starting the summer off right! How fun. Jacob is so big now! Whatcha been working on?