Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Rearrange

Here is a picture of the kitchen table before. Hard to tell but the long part went with the long part of the kitchen.
This is an old picture of the living room, but pretty much how we just had it. The only difference was that we didn't have the fish tank anymore, and behind the couch is where I had my salvation army desk.

This is the kitchen now. So the table is turned in the different direction. The black hutch is now in there. I have decided that I don't like the faux brick painting on the wall anymore, and am ready to repaint over it and the walls in a lighter taupey tanish color.
This is now what is on the black hutch. All clear crystal stuff. The orange and green arrangement is my moms that she forgot at her party, and I keep forgetting to give to her. The top left crystal plate....funny thing about it is that it is plastic. lol. It just matched and looked nice when I was trying to find stuff to put up there.
This black bookcase used to be right on the wall when you walked in the front door. It had only pictures on it. But the babies were always touching them and the pictures were always knocked over. So now it has scrapbooks and actual books on it.


This is the living room arrangement now. The tv was in the right hand corner.



Here is where I moved the bakers rack in the kitchen. Don't look at the cabinets that still need to be finished painting.





Here is the entry way now. This table used to be right under the window in the kitchen. Since the table is turned it didn't fit. So now it is in the entry and I love it so much more here. This table was my grandmas and got it when my dad died. I am thinking about painting just parts of it black, but haven't decided yet. The candle holder is going black though. The arrangement used to have red flowers in it too, but I took them out as I am trying to windle away the red. My grandma made me the arrangement years ago.




Here is the living room view from the front door.


Here is the salvation army table now against this wall that the black hutch was on. I saw today what I am going to do with this super tall wall. Ill find the link and show you.


I didn't photograph my layouts yet, but I did get a photo of what I have been working on for a few days now. I got it finished tonight and got a few printed out. It is Caleb's 2nd birthday party invitations. I did it all in Microsoft Word, and printed them out on photo paper. I love the way they turned out. I am pretty proud of it actually. I kept redoing it over and over again, and just wasn't thrilled with it. Then this one just kind of all came together from ideas from different ones that I had done. We are having a Circus party. :) I can't wait. My mom is finding out about a clown. I think a clown doing balloons or face painting would be so cool.
We are having bbq beef sandwiches, beans and fruit at the party. Then for the drink I am doing something I saw in a magazine or online somewhere. They got sprite in a huge punch bowl. HERE (I found it) This idea was for 4th of July...but still I like the idea. So the ice cubes are different colors. It is just frozen gatorade. So to go with the theme of the party I am going to make them red yellow and blue. Then just put them in a huge bowl of sprite. I think that will be so cute. :) I am getting so many ideas. So here is the invitation.

We are going to a fish fry at my aunts house on Saturday and I am excited. I think it will be alot of fun. Even though Jacob and I have been together for over 10 years he hasn't met my extended side of the family and there are going to be alot of them there. But I think it will be fun. Something different we have never done. I am sure that I will have alot of pictures of it to share.
Off to put away some laundry and get into bed and watch shark tales with the babies. They always sleep with me when Jacob is on graveyard. lol.

0 comments: