Sunday, March 2, 2008

Photo Freedom

I read Stacy Julians first book Big Picture Scrapbooking and I really liked it. So I knew when this one came out I was going to want it. So as soon as I saw it I bought it.

Now even though I don't always love her all of her layouts, I really like her organization of things. Now I have NO WHERE near the amount of room that she does for hers, but I could totally adapt in many ways.

She talks alot about people who only scrap in chronilogical order and so on. Well I don't scrap in order, but I do organize that way. I keep all event photos together and don't tend to branch out from that much. I was thinking just the other day before reading this book that I feel stuck in a rut in some ways because I am just trying so hard to get "caught up" in a sense because I just want to get through old photos of events. So I am not tending to branch out and do those personalitly pages, or relationship pages.

Her system is all about organizing the photos in such a way that makes these kinds of layouts much easier. So I don't have the money or the space to go all out and organize like her, but I am going to change a BIG part of the way that I organize my photos.

I was going to attempt it today, but just didn't get a chance to really sit down and figure out my system yet. I did stop by Michaels on my way to Walmart and got 3 photo boxes in brown and light blue (to match our master bedroom where my scrap space is). So I have an idea of how I want to attmept this. I am hoping tomorrow I will have a chance to get to it, but we will see. This little ones always have me on my toes.

So I do really LOVE this book and am so glad that I got it. I would recommend it for sure. I also have decided something about my albums. I have been really thinking about the 3 ring binders for some time now. I currently have a million different colored albums and was really not liking the unity of them. So I have seen several people lately that used colored albums for different things and I think I am going to change over as well. Something similar to Stacy Julian and Becky Higgins. Becky does differnt colors for each child and another color for their family albums. Stacy does all one color for all the family members and other colors for different aspects of her albums. So this will be a big part of my new organization system as well. I really like the albums that Stacy uses. They are from American Crafts. They are just tan and the spine is a different color. So I will figure it all out and go from there. I think I will like this so much better for display in our living room as well. Now they don't match and are all just kind of there. So we will see. I might jsut try to get one album at a time. I will photo all my conversion.

I am excited for this new organization process and hope it is easy to get it all done. I currently just have each child in a different zip lock bag and then each event wrapped with lined paper with the date and what the event was. Not such a great system. Excited!


On other news. I got an email from Jessica stating that she got my email and she is looking forward to reviewing my projects that I sent her and getting to know me. If I am picked she will notify my within the first week of March. So I can't wait.


I got this in an email and thought it would be a fun thing for my blog. This is the last thing and then I am off to bed. It is late and I am way tired.

Learn 44 things about your friends!
Let them learn 44 things about you!


1. Do you like blue cheese?
No

2. Have you ever smoked?
No

3. Do you own a gun?
No

4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic'
We don't have a sonic and I have only had it once, and it was Cherry Limeade. YUM.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Yes

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I like them.

7. Favorite Christmas song?
Silent Night? I like alot of them.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Anything but coffee.

9. Can you do push ups?
No

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry?
My engamement ring/wedding band

11. Favorite hobby?
Scrapbooking

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
sometimes

13. What's one trait that you hate about yourself?
My weight.

14. Middle name?
Reyna pronounced Renee

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment.
I am a little hungry ( I didn't eat dinner ), I am so tired, I have a lot of projects for work to do, I am excited to get started on my new organization of my photos.

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Ice water, Diet Sprite, Sugar Free Raspberry Lemonade

17. Current worry right now?
If Jacob is going to get laid off next month. They did push it back from the beginning of this month though.

18. Current hate right now?
Jacob being on graveyard.

19. Favorite place to be?
Home with my family. Love when we are all home even if we are all doing our own thing, we are there together.

20. How did you bring in the New Year?
In bed, awake just until midnight and then off to sleep. Jacob had to work first thing the next morning. The kids made it too and we all had a small glass of sparkling cider and then went to sleep.

21. How old are you?
28

22. Name three people who will complete this?
Who knows.

23. Do you own slippers?
Yes. I don't think I could live without them. I have even been known to wear them to Target and the grocery store.

24. What color shirt are you wearing?
Blue.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
I never have, but can't think of why I would want to because I think you would slide out of bed.

26. Can you whistle?
Just a little and not loud.

27. Favorite color?
Purple has always been. However I don't do alot with it since I have all boys. So I tend to go to blues, greens, browns, reds, blacks.

28. Would you be a pirate?
I don't know. Maybe.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
I don't really sing in the shower.

30. Favorite girl's name?
Hmmm... We gave up on even thinking of girl names with all these boys around here.

31. Favorite boy's name?
Ryan, Marcus, Jacob and Caleb

32. What's in your pocket right now?
I don't have any pockets in these pants.

32. Last thing that made you laugh?
my children as always.

33. Best bed sheets as a child?
New Kids on the Block. I thought I was so cool with those. lol.

34. Worst injury you've ever had?
??? I have never broken any bones or anything.

35. Do you love where you live?
I love our house.

36. How many TVs do you have in your house?
4. Only 3 work though. The one in the babies room isn't hooked up.

37. Who is your loudest friend?
?

38. What is your favorite game to play?
Hmmm.. Board game is probably Trivial Persuit maybe. It has been a while though. On the computer... Majong or Solitaire, Luxor and chains too.

39. Does someone have a crush on you?
No.

40. What is your favorite book?
I haven't read one in so long. Gotta get on that. Scrapbooking books I would say Photo Freedom at the moment.

41. What is your favorite candy?
M&M's and Reces Peanut Butter Cups.

42. Favorite Sports Team?
In support of my honey, the Miami Dolphins. However I was a big Dallas Cowboys fan when I met him.

43. What were you doing 12 AM last night?
Sleeping.

44. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up?
Oh is it morning already?

Now I tag Gabrielle and Terina to answer these same questions and post them on their blogs. :)

Off to bed now.

0 comments: