Monday, December 8, 2008

Some Christmas Projects

Ok I finally got the pictures taken of some of my projects that I have been working on lately. These are just a small few. I should have taken a picture of the scarf too, but didn't think about it.
Here are the Christmas napkin rings I am working on. They are Red, White and Silver. They have wired ribbons, snowflakes, jingle bells and snowflakes on them, oh and ribbon too. My moms will be red and gold. I don't know if I will put white in there with the red and gold or not. I haven't decided yet. I will just have to play with it and see what color combination I like best.

Here are the jars I made to go with the recipe boxes I am making. I made one for myself from a big jar I had and liked it so much I decided to make the family members one too. I however just now realized that I forgot to take a picture of my own jar. Oh well tomorrow too. These have the same color theme as the napkin rings. I am going to fill them with candy canes (which is what mine has in it right now). Mine has a lid but I couldn't find any jars that I liked that had lids, so I went with no lids. This picture isn't the best at all. I stamped the letters c-a-n-d-y with white paint and a little glossy accents added in. Then as soon as I stamped it on the jar, I poured glitter over it. When it was mostly dry, I wrote the word jar in Christmas Red Stickles. I let it dry overnight and then wiped off the extra glitter that was glinging to the jar. I did the ribbons and pipe cleaners the next morning as well.

These are the Handmade Christmas ornaments that I made this year. I always get a new ornament each year, and this year I decided I would make them each year. So this is this years addition. Again not such a good picture.

I made this box to put the scarf that I am making in. I glimmer misted the box in patina. Then I used a snowflake mask that I cut from our Acc U Cut Die Cut machine at work. I then sprayed a darker blue over it (I can't remember the name of the color). Then I sprayed Pearl all over and Wheatfields and Jingle Bells. (I won a set of glimmer mists on ebay..I was so excited to use them once they came. Thanks a lot Cheryl this is ALL HER FAULT). So then I let it dry all day. Later that night I took my foam stamps and put glossy accents on it and stamped the letters (LET IT SNOW) with that and then poured extra fine glitter on it (each letter was done individually with that process). I took the snowflakes that I got from JoAnns (white, light blue and dark blue)....a whole set of them actually, and I put glossy accents on it and added the glitter to those as well. Then I took an acrylic snowflake and covered one side with glossy accents and again added glitter. Then I let that all dry over night. Then this morning I traced the LET IT SNOW in a white pen so that it stood out better. I added the clear glittery snowflake to the top corner and added smaller snowflakes all around along with some rhinestones in matching colors. I then tied some tealy light blue tueling around it with some matching ribbon. I then added in some silver thin wired ribbon and curled the ends around the end of my pen. I added one of the gift tags that I made (that just happens to match). I did spray the tag with pearl glimmer mist to give it that similar look). I am really happy with how this turned out. I have used glimmer mist before, but this was the first real big project that I have done with it, and mixed the colors together like that. I think I really LOVE glimmer mist now. Oh what is a girl to do. I still only have a few colors compared to how many colors there are. Like I need to start collecting something else. :) It is all good though. I can't even tell you though that these pictures just do not do the glimmer and glitter any justice. It is so shimmery and glittery in real life. Maybe I will try to take it outside tomorrow and photograph it. I think she will really like it and appreciate it, especially since she is a scrapbooker too.







Well today the weather has turned much cooler than it has been lately. I am so ready though. I have enjoyed the long set we have had of nice weather, but I am so ready for the cold weather now. It was really windy today (which I really could do without the wind) and cold. It was a bit overcasty looking today too. I wish it would just pour down rain already. I had the kids bundled up in their big jackets today since they both still have colds. The last two (and only) times it has rained lately were both mostly at night while we were sleeping. I want a huge rain storm during the day, with thunder and lightning. I love it. Hopefully it will, but we will just have to wait and see. Rainy days are best for staying in with some hot chocolate and working on layouts and fun crafty stuff.



1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Simply fabulous box Nicole. Need more Glimmer Mist? I can hook you up! I love the colors you used. You are so lucky, you won Glimmer Mist! You are like the winningest person I know, the Bobunny goodies, Glimmer Mist, and didn't you win something else too? Wait till you see the new colors of Glimmer Mist, and other new goodies they are coming out with! Vesta said the new colors should be in the store this week!