Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Tree Day

(I don't know how to get a good "glowing" picture, so this is the best I could get)

Well I didn't post the pictures of when we got our Christmas Tree. I had the greatest of intentions to take pictures at the Christmas Tree "Farm" when we got the tree, but is was freezing temeratures, so I didn't even take out my camera. We were trying to pick the tree and make sure that the babies were still warm. (I would have sworn it was going to snow that night for sure). So I was really bummed about this since this is the first year in several years that we got a real tree. So I just took a picture of the tree in the living room floor, and of Jacob adjusting it into the stand. It is the best that I can do this year. A few days later I thought I should have taken a picture of the Christmas Tree place, from the truck. But I didn't think of that at the time. So I am thinking I will just drive to the Christmas Tree Farm and take a picture of it now. I just might do that today. Even though we got the tree at night, a day picture will show the entire place, so that is fine with me. So the first night we just did the lights and the garland. Then two nights later we finally decorated it.






Here is Jacob playing with the clippings from the tree.

Caleb was really interested in the lights.


Here is Ryan decorating the tree.

Marcus decorating the tree.
Jacob decorating the tree.

Caleb really didn't understand the concept of decorating the tree. Infact since we decorated it, he just keeps UNdecorating it. Everyday he has taken off more ornaments and slowly but surely we keep moving up the decorations, and the bottom half of the tree isn't even decorated anymore. Oh well.
Ryan got to put the angel on top of the tree this year.

I of course do the annual picture in front of the tree picture. Man with 4 kids it is so hard to get a good one of them all looking and smiling. Someone always seems to be looking the other direction, or their eyes are closed, or the have a wierd look on their face. So I was really happy when I got this one on the 4th or 5th try (there are usually many more tries).



This year before we put away the decorations I am going to take a picture of all the ornaments the kids have gotten every year for the last few years to put into an album. We give the kids an ornament each year, and so does my mom. Jacobs mom usually gives us a family ornament each year too. So I want to make sure that I get a photo of all of these.

I still cannot believe that Christmas is on Thursday and today is Sunday. OMG. I am so not ready this year. I don't understand how I get so far behind when I start so early. I really need to bust some butt to get it all done. I still have gifts to make, to sew and EVERYTHING to wrap still. I better get off this darn computer then.



0 comments: