Monday, December 22, 2008

Baking today

So yesterday when we went to the groccery store we got some stuff to do some baking today. Ok I honestly think we went a little baking crazy. I got enough stuff to make 2 batches of lemon bars, chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies, two batches of cinnamon strusel bread or muffins, blueberry muffins or bread and coffee cake. Oh my. We will see how this goes today. I am off to make the kids some cinnamon rolls for breakfast and then I want to clean up the kitchen a bit (my sewing machine is on the table) so that we have lots of room. Then we will be baking up a storm today. Oh first I am going to put some beef stew in the crock pot and let that cook all day while we are baking. I love the smell of something simmering in the crock pot. Especially on a cold day like today. I think we really will be getting that storm in that the weather reports said we would. (I only believe the weather when I see it). I finally got some stuff wrapped last night, and still have tons more to do. I am still working on those recipes for the recipe books. I can't believe I thought in any way that it was a good idea to hand write all the recipes for 9 recipe books. WHAT was I thinking? I guess I thought it would be a nice touch in many years down the road to have my hand written recipes in the books. Yeah keep telling myself that. I still need to hem Jacob's pajama pants and cut out AND sew Ryan and Marcus each a pair. How in the heck did Christmas come so fast this year? I wanted to sit down and write down some ideas on things I want to get scrapbooked this year, but I just don't have that kind of time right now. lol. So maybe in the days between Christmas and New Years I will do that. I am having a hard time with the DISASTER that is on my desk right now. It is the worst yet. I have stuff on the floor all around the desk. I have so many projects going that it is hard to even find what I am looking for.
I have an idea that I am going to present to my grandma and her husband this year. I need some kind of new storage for all of my stuff. Well I love those square cabinets that you can buy at Target with the 3 or so openings for 12x12 paper. Well each one only has 3 openings and they are like $30.00 each. Well Jim (my grandmas husband) is REALLY good with wood and I am thinking he might be able to build me something bigger , but the same concept for less money than if I were to buy several of the ones from Target or Michaels or wherever. I am thinking I want to move all of my stuff like punches and rubons to open cloth bins on a bookcase in the closet. I would like to have drawers, but I work better with open containers. So that is my plan of organization for this coming year. Now we will see how it works out. I am sure that he can make it, he is really good. I need to figure out all the sizes and how many openings I want it to be and all that great stuff. So maybe I will tell him to make it for my birthday, or I can pay for it and have it now. (I don't know if I can wait until July). I know this is a process that will take months anyways. I don't have tons of money to just go buy all new storage at one time. So it will be a little here and a little there, but it will get done eventually.

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Yeah, it's midnight and I just finished the girls pj's - two pairs each. Actually, for me, that's ahead of schedule. Although, I haven't shopped at all yet, yikes! You are a pioneer woman, as Ruby would say, baking, sewing, and oh yeah, what were you thinking hand writing all those recipes? Crazy girl, have a Merry Christmas!