Saturday, December 20, 2008

Snow Day Pictures

Ok so the other day at Target I bought all the kids nice matching shirts in grey and red for our Christmas card photo shoot we were going to have. Well that all went out the door when the snow came. I liked this picture I took of the kids with our snowman and I decided to use that for our cards instead. I figured it is so few and far between (and never like this) that it has snowed, so I thought it would be a fun photo to use. (Wish I would have known that and I would have made my cards in a snowy theme, but oh well.
So the kids had a great time, actually I did too, playing out in the snow. I took tons of pictures. I won't share all of them, but here are some. I was so amazed at the amount of snow that we got. Jacob txt messaged me from work at 5:45am and said it was snowing out there. It was barely snowing here at this point. At about 7am Marcus and I took this picture outside, because we said it probably was going to be like all the times before and snow just a little to tease us and then stop. So we wanted at least one picture to prove that it really did snow this year. Well yeah the snow proved us wrong. So this was first thing in the morning.

Even though the kids still had school, I went ahead and let them stay home. They ended up getting released early anyways, so it was all ok. So these pictures are from early in the morning still. The snow wasn't even sticking to the sidewalk yet.

We did however have to go out in the snow that day. Well we left when it still wasn't snowing really hard. I HAD to go to Target to get diapers. Then I had to go to the grocerry store or we wouldn't be having dinner that night. I wanted to go before it did get any worse out there. So it really wasn't that bad to drive in. We just went really slow and it was ok, just cold. Good thing Target and the grocerry store are a straight drive farely close down the road. So when we got home the kids wanted to play again. It was snowing hard by then, so we decided to make a snowman. Here the kids are trying to push this huge snowball up the driveway. It was hard (and I tried helping too), because the driveway was icy, so we kept sliding back down. We got it eventually though. That is where the Christmas card photo came in.

The babies loved the snow too. Jacob didn't like snowballs thrown at him if they got snow on his face. Caleb was really just enjoying eating the snow. How silly. We really didn't stay outside for a long time, because I did not want the kids to get sick, and they already had gotten over colds. Look at those rosey cheeks.

This is the big tree in our front yard. I love the way it looks all covered in snow, and with the snowman down there in the yard too. I think I might turn this one into black and white.
I know this picture is hard to see, but I just had to take a picture of the temperature in the car. It says 31 degrees. It has never said that, so I just wanted something to show the temperature outside.
This picture cracks me up. Marcus laid down to make a snow angel, and Caleb saw him do it so he decided to make one of his own. I love it.

Ryan and Marcus made one more snow run at about 8pm that night. They were having alot of fun. They had on about 30 layers of clothes. This is why I had so many loads of laundry to do the next morning. The babies and I did not go out with them this time. It was too late and cold.

So Jacob took it really slow coming home from work that night. Well he got onto our street and there was about 5 or 6 cars stuck at the end of our road. When you turn onto our street it goes uphill right away. Well all these cars were getting stuck in the snow and ice and just sliding around. So we ended up pulling out about 8 cars. We would pull out one or two and come back and there would be like 3 more stuck. Jacob didn't mind though. About 4 of them were women by themselves and didn't know what to do. He did his good dead for the day. So he got off work at about 4, and we didn't walk into the door until after 6:30. But he would have thanked anyone who would have helped him if he needed it, or me if I was stuck.

I am still downloading pictures from the next morning of snow fun. So I will post those when it is done too.

0 comments: