Thursday, December 24, 2009

Loot and baking

The layout I posted yesterday was from all of this loot. It was from the stuff I won from Memory Makers. I got all this wonderful yummy fun stuff. So needless to say I didn't even touch it from that layout is the truth. There is still so much stuff to go around. I can't wait to use it all up.
The other day we baked some yummy goodies. I just thought I would share some of the stuff we baked. Chocolate Chunk cookies.

Here are the boxes of cake mixes, brownie mixes and cookie mixes all lined up on the counter before baking.


These were SOOO good. They are mini red velvet cupcakes with vanilla icing. I have heard from so many people that they like cream cheese frosting on red velvet cake, but I think it is too sweet sometimes. This was just the right amount of sweetness. I found these dot sprinkles, as I like to call them, at Walmart and love the festive look it gives to the already red cupcakes.

I am so mad that I didn't get a picture of the kids helping me pour batter into the pans, but it was fun having them help. They love to help bake and cook with me all the time. Sometimes it reminds me to slow down and take in those moments because they won't be like this forever.

0 comments: