Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Ornaments

First an update. This was the little happy guy yesterday. He looks so darn happy. Here he is with his new spiderman cast. The cast guy said they are a little out of date on casts, so he put on red and blue and then hand drew a spiderman just for him. He has been doing so good. He wants to walk, but it is just hard still for him. Last night he was holding on to the couch and the coffee table and walking back and forth a few times.
I have the order for physical therapy and need to call the insurance to find out where they will cover and the closest place to us to go. The doctor wants him to go 2-3 times a week for 4 months. Then we go on January 11, and the spiderman cast will come off, and he will have a foot brace for his left foot after that.


Now I wanted to share some Christmas ornaments I made the other day. I started with one, and they turned out so nice and they were so quick and easy I kept going. I ended up making 10 and have a list of a few more I would like to make.
I got a 2 pack of the snowflakes at Target for $1.00 and I had all the rest of the stuff...so they were cheap cheap too.
This one is for my best friend. It is in Blue and White. The 09 has blue glitter and I glimmer misted the blue ribbon.

This one was a white snowflake, but I glimmer misted it with wheatfield to give it a more creamy color to it. It matches the ribbons much better. This one also has a giant crystal hanging from it. This one is for my Aunt.
This one was fun for sure. I have a friend that has a few trees up at her house. One of the trees has bright colors on it. So I took a turquoise snowflake and added green, pink, orange and white ribbons. Then there is rhinestones and hot pink dots. Then I also used some orange stickles on this one as well, and green stickles on the year. I hope that she likes it.
This one is for my other Aunt and her family. Her tree is in red and white, but she is going to be moving, so I don't know if she even has her tree up this year. But either way she can put it up another year. I love the look of the red rhinestones on the white snowflake.This one is for my mom and stepdad. For the longest time growing up we always had a gold and white tree, but lately she has been adding more red to add a pop of color. This one is an actual gold snowflake. This one as a giant gem hanging from the bottom too. The red ribbon on this one is velvet.
This one is for my newest little niece. This is actually what got me started on this entire thing. I wanted to make her a "first Christmas" ornament. Well it just all evolved from there... This one I did with her initial. I am thinking I might still add the year, but small just so she will know it was always for her first Christmas. I love the look of red, white and silver together. I love the little snowflake on the N as well.
Since I made Natalie an ornament, I had to make my two other little girl nieces and ornament as well. I did thiers in Blue and White. Both of these are the same for the most part, but just the blue snowflake ornaments in different places. Both of their names start with an H though, so I might add their name in there somehow so they will always know the difference in their ornaments, and maybe the year as well.
My brother and his wife will be celebrating their second Christmas together this year as husband and wife. I made them an ornament last year, and had to do it again this year. Their tree is turquoise and green. When I saw the turquoise snowflakes, I so knew I had to get the pack for them, and then had decided on making all these. I used green fine glitter on the date for this one. This one is for my grandma and her husband. It is in simple gold and cream. I had some white glittery thickers. I sprayed them with wheatfield glimmer mist to give them a goldish/creamish tint to them. Love this color combination as well.
These ornaments were so much fun. It was fun to figure out the best color combination for each person or family.
Now I have to make my own kids their ornaments for this year as well.
I am thinking I want to make us a decoration one as well. I want to connect 3 snowflakes and have it say JOY with ribbons and rhinestones and glitter and all that fun stuff from all of the other ornaments.
I am so far behind on my Christmas shopping this year, I cannot even believe it. Then we won't even talk about the wrapping that goes along with all of the gifts....
NOTE TO SELF: do not get behind next year on shopping for Christmas....start even earlier!!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

These ornaments are GORGEOUS......I so want to try to make one (or two, or three....).
I'm so glad to see your little one happy and I love that they guy took the time to "update" the cast for him, how sweet was that.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!!!

Nicole said...

Thank you. Ya once I started on the ornaments I couldn't stop. I didn't make it to Target today, but I am for sure going tomorrow to grab some more. They had a 4 pack of smaller ones as well. I am thinking I am going to make a JOY sign with 3 connected snowflakes as a few gifts as well.