Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas is over...

and time to clean up now. lol

So how was Christmas? Ours was great. The kids scored as always.
I don't have my pictures from Christmas morning loaded into the laptop yet, so I will post those later.
We had a nice day on Christmas. We got up around 7am and did our family Christmas. Then we relaxed and didn't have to rush..which was so nice. Jacob wasn't feeling great, so he went and layed back down. We all finally got ready and went to my moms house about 12:30. We did gifts and then had a nice lunch. We had ham and scalloped potatoes and good conversation. We stayed a little over 2 hours. Jacob still wasn't feeling real great. So we left there, came home and unloaded the packed car and then gathered the gifts for his moms house and headed over there. We got there and did gifts there and then had dinner over there. We did some family pictures and then we left to come home. Again we unloaded the car...right into the living room. I had to finish up some gifts for another gathering we were going to. So I finished up the calendars that I was making (will share as soon as I take a picture of the last one I have here), and printed some pictures and framed them and finished up a blanket I had to make for my cousins son.
Then we got up early and went to my grandmas house Saturday morning. We got there about 10am. We had brunch there. Then we did gifts and played a few games. We got home around 4 and we relaxed before Jacob had to go to work, and I slept on the couch since it was now my turn to not feel good.
We took Jacob some Del Taco for dinner that night and then I was in bed with the babies by 830 that night.
Then the next morning we got up again and went to Jacob's uncles, and his girlfriends house for breakfast. It wasn't a Christmas gathering, but Jacob's cousins were visiting and most of the family hasn't seen them in almost 10 years. So it was nice to meet them and visit with everyone. We finally got home from there about 4ish. We came home and I started cleaning the house.
I ended up cleaning out every single cabinet in the kitchen and almost all the drawers as well. Then I moved on to the babies bedroom. That was a task in itself. I got enough out of the way though so Jacob could put together their new toddler beds. They were so excited to have their own new beds. So they even slept in them last night and didn't wake up once.
So then today continued the cleaning and organizing. Jacob started laundry and rug washed the entire couch today...wow it so needed it. He is so wonderful.
I continued in the babies room. I went through the entire dresser and closet. What once was no room for new baby clothes, was now 2 full empty drawers in the dresser and an entire side of the closet. It was so fun to put the new girly baby clothes away. I cleaned out the crib that had collected stuffed animals I didn't want to get rid of, and some "to find a home soon" stuff. We moved the dresser over on the wall and moved the bookcase. The bookcase is now all straightened and is all organized on top. I can't wait to get the beadboard wallpaper on the walls in there and the top half of the walls painted. I want to wait for the new baby bedding so I can match the colors I want to paint better. I don't want it to be off enough that it bothers me. But in the meantime I think I will go in search of the beadboard wall paper (that I did see online that Lowe's carries in the store) and maybe at least get that up before the baby comes.
I have so many plans and ideas that I want to do around the house this year, and can't wait to share so many of the ideas that I have.
I am going to take a few pictures of the babies room this week and then I will share the progress of it as we do it. I plan on doing that with all my "makeover" and "to do" things as well.
Tonight though..I am tired and heading to bed. I am excited for the new year and to put forth and complete so many of my scrapbooking, crafty and decorating ideas this year...and have a new baby along the way. :)

0 comments: