Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christma Tree Hunting...a layout

Well I actually got a chance to sit down at my desk this morning and scrapbook. I just needed to. :) I have been wanting to do this layout for a long time, but just have not had time with the Chrsitmas madness going on lately. So I printed the pictures out the other day and had them ready. First I had drawn out my little rough sketch that I had invisioned in my head. Well then Caleb decided he wanted to draw on most of the pictures. So I just went ahead and used those pictures this morning. I didn't stick them down all that great so I can reprint them and replace them on the layout.
I got this Christmas paper from my Memory Makers winnings. After we went Christmas Tree Hunting I knew that this was the paper I wanted to use for the layout. I had a few ideas in my head for the layout...and I counted out my pictures and just started working it out in my head, and looking at some layouts I had saved on the laptop for inspiration. So with a combination of it all...this is what came out of it. I am really happy with the end results.

Here it is...
I love this see threw black Christmas tree. I have had these alphabet stickers for what seems like forever, and I finally got to use them and I love them. I also love this scalloped black dot ribbon.


I didn't think I was even going to use these glitter Christmas Trees, but I ended up trying them and really like the way they just added a little something to the circle paper. On one tree I tied a little floss on and added a 3D flower embelishment. On the embelishment I added a green rhinestone as well.

I cut up the fancy shaped paper to add to the top for the title. I hadn't originally planned on doing this, but the tree paper is pretty busy and the title seemed like it was just going to get lost, so that is why I added it, and ended up loving that as well. This is the right side of the layout. I also hand journaled on the red and cream striped paper as well.

I used the same sticker set to add the year to this side of the layout. The Christmas Cheer tag came in the embelishment set as well. I added some green rhinestones to the sides of it as well.
All the little pictures are printed in black and white and the larger pictures are printed in color. I love the contrast between having both on a layout.

My overall inspiration for this layout came from none other than one of my FAVORITE scrapbookers Nichol Magouirk HERE .
Here is the entire layout all together.

I really like this Memory Makers Christmas line. I only used 2 sheets of the paper that I got. The paper on the right and the left side of the photos is all one sheet, patterened just like that with all the different designs. I used to not like paper like that, but found I do love it, especially in cases just like this. It looks like I cut up tons of different patterned paper and pieced them all together...this is so much easier. I like that. Doing this layout this morning, really gave me the itch to scrapbook some more..thinking I might go clean up my desk from this mess and see if I can get some other ideas worked out.

0 comments: