Friday, December 4, 2009

Baby Shower Invitations

So another thing I have been busy working on are these baby shower invitations.

My mom is throwing me a baby shower, but I told her she didn't have a choice I was making the invitations. As soon as I found the crib bedding that I wanted, I could invision the invitations in my head. So this is what was born from that idea. It is hard to tell in the picture, but some of the flowers are from glitter paper. The colors of the pp in the back match perfect to the flowers. They all have the same color theme as the bedding.

The printed You're Invited part was a print and cut design from my silhouette. I just sized it to be a little smaller that the 5x7 card and pop dotted it on the final card.


I of course had to make the envelopes match as well. So I just cut some more flowers and glued them to the envelopes. Quick and easy.
The final part of the invitations was that I tied some thin white string around the bottom of the card, and embellished all of the flowers with a white pearl.
I am excited for my mom to get these out in the mail very soon.
Off to run some errands today, and then hopefully I can get the house cleaned up so I can work on the Christmas cards some more today...heck maybe even finish them up (ha ha ha).
Tomorrow we are going to the annual Christmas parade too. I am excited for that becuase the kids always love going, and seeing Santa at the end. I am SO far behind still on my shopping however and that is starting to stress me out....

0 comments: