Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Things to think about.

I read many blogs daily (or at least close to daily), and Kerri Bradford's blog is one of them. Today she posted THIS . I love stuff like that. The old journals from our older generations in our families. I love to see how they lived and things like that. It really reminds us how good we have it now, how different things are now, how different the world is this day and age.

My grandma on my dads side was good about similar things like this. She wrote out her "life" in short sentences. Like in 19XX she started school, she started work and she wrote out her wages at that job and stuff like that. I loved reading that she made 25cents and hour. WOW!!! After she died I got really into family history and was working so hard on it, and then I got busy and then my dad died. Then I got really into scrapbooking. Now how I wish I had them to ask questions and learn family history stuff from them. My dad was one of six kids, I am sure there were tons of stories.

So after reading Kerri's blog post this morning I decided I wanted to start keeping a journal again. Even if I feel like it is boring now, it may one day be interesting to someone, if not only myself when I am older and look back on it. I do write tidbits of information on our calendar though. I don't know when I started doing it, but I just write little things on our monthly calendar...things like what we had for dinner that night, the weather, if we ran to Target, if we took Jacob lunch or dinner to work, the kids school schedules... It isn't the same things I write everyday, but just whatever I feel like writing that day. I love looking back years later at the calendar and reading what we did on different days in years past. However a few years ago all the old calendars got thrown out, without realizing it. Oh well there is nothing I can do about that now..but I am still doing it again. Right along in my color coded calendar. lol. But I think it would be nice to have it all together in a little journal as well.

So I am going to start...today. When better to start something, then right now.

0 comments: