Saturday, August 15, 2009

More Cards


Really I don't know what has gotten into me. Cards are on my mind alot lately. So I made 2 more yesterday.

This first card was inspired by Nichol Magouirk (again lol ) HERE . I haven't decided if I am going to stamp in a sentiment the orange circle or not. Still deciding.


This is a giant card/hanger/tag thing. (Ya whatever that is). It turned out bigger than I thought it was going to, but I kinda like that it is bigger. My SIL was due yesterday, and so I wanted some kind of tag or card to attatch to the flowers or balloons that I get her for after she has her. I put the initial letter N on it because they are naming her Natalie. So me and her will have the same initials :) This is from the silhouette. I cut the flower tag 3 times. In white and then pink and then green. I just cut it apart and glued the colored pieces over the white pieces. On the back tag part I added the It's a girl title (also silhouette design) and cut that out. Then I removed the title and cut another back piece. I added pink cardstock behind the title and then glued that entire piece down to the full back piece. So that way you can't see the pink cardstock on the back. It is hard to tell in the picture but there is some white pearls over the entire thing too. I figured she could even hang this in the babies room later if she wanted. I wanted to make her a blanket too, but didn't get it done in time for her baby shower, but her grandma made her a beautiful one anyways. So I am thinking that I will still make her one, but a different style. I was going to make her a rag style quilt. But now I think I will get the fleece and make her the kind that you tie all the pieces together all around the blanket. Joanns has it on sale right now, buy one get one free. So we will see. Guess I need to get on that like right now though so I can have it for her when she has the baby. I am so excited I hope she has her soon.



Getting ready for all this back to school stuff. The kids really start on the 26th, but we have a meeting with their facilitator on Wednesday. We have a busy next few weeks coming up. We have the facilitatior meeting this Wednesday, Ryan's 15th birthday is Sunday the 23rd, Caleb has a doctors appointment on the 24th for these mole bump things on his inner thigh that he keeps saying hurt, we are going school clothes shopping on the 24th, I have no idea exactly what we are doing for Ryan's birthday. He doesn't really want a party so I was thinking we could let him bring 3 or 4 of his good friends and we would take them to this place here in town. It is called Monarch Family Fun Zone . They have miniature golf and lazer tag. Well I have one of those coupon books that if you buy a lazer tag game you get one free. For 20 minutes of lazer tag it is only $9.00. Then mini golf is only 3.50 or 4.50 a game depending if you go after 6 or before. I thought we could take the kids to pizza before and then take them there, and then get them ice cream after or something fun like that. We haven't decided exactly yet. Jacob has to work on Ryan's actual birthday, so we would have to do it either the Saturday before, or the day after, but we have alot to do that day. So I don't know yet.

Ok so I never was going to want the silhouette and now it is my favorite toy. So before that I had the revolution and that was the only machine I was going to want too. Well now I have my eye on this . I really just want it for the embossing folders. WOW. They have some really great embossing folders. I am thinking this is what "Mr. Santa" might have to get me for Christmas. :)



I have a few things to do around the house today, and a few errands to run...so I guess I better get my butt off this computer lol.

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Hey yourself! I havent been shopping lately, that's why you haven't seen me. We were at Ruby's house for the Tuesday Crop, and Apriles house for the Diva crop. I really wish you could come by and say hi at least, one friday! Since your hubby isn't on graveyard any more. The next Diva crop at Apriles is Sept. 11. We all miss you terribly. You better email me when you find out about baby. Tell Courtney Hi from all of us ex blvd. girls! And congrats to her. I've been doing some cards too. I'll post them on my blog tomorrow. Talk to ya later alligator!