Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun things

I don't know how I came across this but I so want this organizer/day planner. It's called a MOM AGENDA . I love that it has the regular calendar space and then it has room for you to write in up to 4 kids names and write in specific things for each of the kids. I don't want to pay the price of the bigger one, so the refill will do just fine for me. I can make my own cover for it. I love to stay organized and love writing everything in my little and big calenders each day/week and month. I color code everything in my purse calendar as well. I do it this way so at a glance I know what is going on weather it be a birthday/a bill due/an appointment or whatever. Here is how I do it. I just write what it is and then highlight it in a given color depending on what it is.

Birthday and Holidays = Pink
Bills Due = Yellow
Appointments = Lavendar
Jacob's work schedule and paydays = green
Anything school related for the kids (days off, testing, etc.) = blue
I have been like this since I was in high school. I used to color code my biology notes and so on. I am very much a visual learner and it was just my way of learning and retaining the information. So I guess it is just one of those things that never changed about me.
The next thing I wanted to share was my search engine. I don't use google. I use a site called SWAGBUCKS. As you search with them you are randomly given Swag Bucks and then with your bucks you can buy things. The last thing I got was a few Amazon.com egift cards. You just use the code and can purchase things on amazon. You can get gift cards from so many places too. You don't just have to get gift cards though. You can get physical things as well, all paid for with your swag bucks. It is basically like getting things for free. Who doesn't love FREE? Especially in this day and time. Check out the site SWAGBUCKS. It is so easy to sign up for. Check it out and start searching.
I am in love with this yogurt right now. I am not usually a huge fan of the thick yogurts, but this one is so yummy. It really is like eating a cinnamon roll. I go on spurts where I eat tons of yogurt and then I don't eat any. However since I am pregnant the milk is really good for me. Especially since I don't drink milk so they always tell me the more yogurt I can eat the better. I always get coupons for yoplait, so it always works out great. I had one with my ham sandwich for lunch and want another one already. I love it as a bedtime snack, or dessert. :) Yummy goodness right in my mouth.

With my amazon gift cards I ordered this book. I know it is an older book, but hey it was free. I love reading Nic Howards blog. She does beautiful work. Read it HERE . It should be here anyday...along with my Creating Keepsakes magazine.


I don't know about anyone else but I love a good reality tv show. I have been watching The Next Food Network Star . Now usually when I watch these kind of shows the person I like most usually ends up off before the end. Except this time. I liked Melissa from the very beginning and she WON last night. I liked her instantly because she is a mom of 4 young girls... and I have 4 boys. So I think that is what drew me to her first off, then I just really liked her. Her new shows starts next Sunday. I can't wait.

Well I think I am going to do some more sketches of some layouts I want to do.

0 comments: