Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Organizing

So my mom just says that I am nesting WAY early. lol. I have been wanting to go through a bunch of stuff around the house and just organize it all. Finally I am getting around to most of it.
My list of things to clean/organize/purge/go through include:

(red means is done already)

go through kitchen cabinets including
*tupperware
*pots and pans
*baby cups
*old dishes we don't use anymore
*cups and glasses
*under the kitchen sink

our closet
my scrapbook closet
my scrapbook desk
under our bed
the older boys closet and dresser
the babies closet
the babies dresser
the babies room in general
clean up and organize the garage
the hall closet
3 cabinets in the living room
backyard
the linen closet
under our bathroom sink
under the other bathroom sink
move the large pictures to a different wall in the living room
hang the shelves in the living room
go through old cookbooks
go through the 4 drawers on our nightstands

I am thinking there are more, but can't think of them right now.
So it was crazy how one thing started the other day. I went to Joanns and got a few things, mostly paper. Well I started organizing my desk, which made me change my paper storage (which I am always having an issue with) and now I am much happier with it. Which then caused me to move my desk to a different wall (well the kids moved it for me). Which made me clean and purge everything and completely clean out my scrpabook closet. This made me move my salvation army desk from the living room to our bedroom. Now I have my scrapbooking desk and then the SA desk with my printers and silhouette on and the laptop. I love the setup. So I cleaned it all that night except for 2 boxes I needed to go through. So I got up and did that the next morning. This caused me to go into our bathroom and completely clean out under the sink, the medicine cabinet and another cabinet we have in there. I took 2 bags to the trash. Then I came into the kitchen and spent another 2 1/2 hours organizing and purging it all. Tupperware, sippy cups, dishes, pots and pans...all of it. I then moved cabinets around and organized it all. Then under the sink as well. I found stuff under there I forgot we had.
Well last week I spent and entire day doing the babies room. I cleaned out the dresser and made 3 empty drawers for new baby stuff. I hung everything and cleaned out all their toys and books. The entire crib is filled with garage sale stuff (Caleb doesn't like to sleep in there. He likes to sleep with Jacob in his queen bed...which we want to get rid of from their room).
So then today we went through the big boys closet and dresser. We had to make room for new school clothes... well we definately got rid of much more than we will be buying lol. We took out 4 large garbage bags for garage sale stuff.
I so love the feeling of getting rid of "junk". It may not really be junk, but just stuff that is taking up space that we don't use or want or need anymore. I moved 2 large pictures in my living room and I am loving that.
I have done a new layout, but just haven't taken a picture yet. I made a frame for sil and the new baby as well. Will share maybe tomorrow.

0 comments: