Friday, August 7, 2009

Cleaning and organizing

I spent most of yesterday cleaning out the little ones bedroom. OH MY GOSH it was a mess. Ok I clean up mostly everysingle day. However I have slacked on their room lately, since I just get so frustrated that I clean it and 10 minutes later it looks the same or worse than when I cleaned it. So 2 days ago they were in their playing, being pretty quiet which should have been my first clue that something was going on. They got into the dresser and took out all the clothes and misc stuff in 2 drawers, took all the clothes off the hangers in the closet (and I mean ALL), and took and entire bottle of baby powder and it ended up all over said clothes and books, and toys that were on the floor. I was dreading going in there and cleaning it all up. So I had to wash all the clothes. I moved the crib (that Caleb doesn't sleep in, but there is no point in taking it down now) to a different wall, I cleaned out all the dresser drawers, the entire closet. We took 3 stuffed trash bags to the trash plus a few other large items. I have the entire crib full of stuff, as in old toys they don't play with, old stuffed animals, old chairs, old clothes that don't fit, a diaper pale...etc of stuff for the garage sale I want to have sometime soon.
I was going to go to Kmart and put the bunk bed that they have on layaway, but I am thinking that if we have a garage sale in the next month or so, then whatever money we get from that I will just put towards the bunk bed. The bunk bed is only 179.99. So depending on how much we make I might just be able to pay the difference and buy the bunk bed right then.
I am going through so many things in our house for a garage sale because I am so tired of having clutter around here. The next mission is our closet in our room. Oh boy is it out of control. So I have an out of control amount of laundry to now catch up on...just what I love...NOT. So since I did that all day yesterday, and it was Jacob's day off I didn't get any scrapbooking done. Maybe this weekend.

0 comments: