Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Week 1 Layout, Birthday mini book and some other fun stuff.

First thing first. Here is my layout for my 52 week challenge. Ok I printed the picture, and then had it aside when I picked out my paper. I knew that the top magazine in the picture had orange on it, but I was not looking to match the paper to the picture in anyway. I found this paper and was just drawn to it for the bright colors, and I knew I had those new MAMBI glitter flower rubons that would go well with it. So I pulled it all out and got started . It ended u that the cover of the magazine on the front of the picture matches perfectly with the papers I picked out. Love when stuff like that happens. I really like how this layout turned out. Can't wait to do another.

Yesterday the babies enjoyed a little water balloon..fight? Not really a fight. Jacob just wanted me to fill them with water so he could throw themat the grass and watch them pop. It was fun.

Now I have to say this picture cracks me up. He was blowing me kisses, but look at the "angel wings" behind his head. The box came yesterday and is Ryan's new bike for his birthday from his mom. Well he can't open it until the 23rd. So it was still out on the front porch since it had just came, when we were playing with the water balloons. I didn't notice it until I went through the pictures last night. Makes me smile though.


Here is my birthday mini book . I used the uphoria line. I also used some prima rhinestone swirls and some mambi rhinestones as well. I like the way this one turned out too.



Last thing I want to share is my Target scrappy goods I bought the other day. I got the paper pack for 8.00. Then I got the mini photo books and ribbon all in the dollar spot. I bought 4 of the boy looking books and am thinking about doing some kind of mini book about the things I love most about each of the kids. Then I bought the pink and green one for my sister in law who is having a girl in November. I don't know exactly what color theme they are going with, I think Lavender, but I like to do matching things when I give gifts. Silly I know. But I am giving her everything in pink and lime green. I got some baby lotions and soaps and baby wipes and bottle cleaner and a "got milk" onsie all in pink and green. I made her a "12 months of you" mini book in pink and green. { I will post that after I bind it }, and I am making her a pink and lime green baby blanket. So I will add that book to the mix. I think I will add the words MY GIRLS to the front, since they have one daughter already. I got the pink and black one just becuase. I don't know what I am going to do with it yet, but I just really liked it.
We have some errands to run today, and then I have a staff meeting tonight. I have another mini book that I finished up last night called "pieces of HOME" . I was inspired by a book that Amber had. So I will photograph that today and post tomorrow hopefully.

2 comments:

peata said...

nice mini

AmberCA said...

Hey, So nice to know that I inspire someone?? Anyway really cute Mini and awesome finds at Target!!! Talk to you soon

Amber