Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Ok, finally sharing the layouts

I am finally going to share some of those layouts I have been working on lately. Some of them need journaling still, but just haven't gotten to that yet.




































This was my thirft store finds the other day. I got the black metal tin thing half off ...so 2.50. The large glass bowl for 4.00, the small flat glass bowl for 3.00, the other glass thing for 1.50 and the picture frame for 1.99. The picture frame made me mad though. I got it for 1.99, but today when I took the thing apart to spray paint it black I saw that it came from the dollar store. So I actually paid more than it was even worth. Oh well....
All the glass pieces are looking so good on my cabinet. I found some more glass stuff around the house so it is filling up nicely. One of the glass mugs was my dads and it is from Germany, from when he was stationed there in the Army. It was fun to be able to put that out there. I will have to take a picture of it getting so full now.
We did a little yard work in the front yard today. I put down 2 bags of bark in the smaller planter, planted my new plants that I bought yesterday in my two pots and pulled some weeds. It looks much better already. I have to be honest and have neglected the front yard lately. Ever since the owners put in rocks and took out the grass, I have not liked our front yard. But I figured until we move, this is what we have. And besides with the wind it was starting to blow trash in our yard and it was looking like crap. I had great intentions of coming inside and cleaning the entire house as well... That didn't happen. I remade our bed with new sheets, and am waiting for the comforter to dry. I switched some laundry, and loaded the dishwasher and started that.
Thinking I am going to get dinner started soon. We are having bbq steak, baked potatoes, and salad. Maybe some white chedder noodles too, but I am not sure yet.
Working on some stuff for Caleb's birthday party too so I haven't had time to scrapbook any in the last few days, and I probably won't until after the party is over. Tomorrow we have to go to CHOLA (Children's Hospital of Los Angeles) for some tests they need to do on little Jacob before his foot surgery. They are going to hook him up to some wires, and then study the way he walks. This will help them determine exactly how they need to address his issues, and see which way they need to rotate his hip bones. His hip bones have compensated him in his walking, so that is another issue he has. So hopefully we can get this surgery done with soon and give him time to heal all better.



0 comments: