Friday, June 12, 2009

Do you give to Charity?

I have never really given to charity of any kind. I always say I am going to donate something, but it just never works out. Well not this time. I just went through ALL the babies old clothes. WOW...there was so much. There is 6 black trash bags and 2 white trash bags FULL of clothes.
About 2 weeks ago my mom mentioned this lady from their church that is involved with an orphanage in another country (I want to say Afghanistan???) and they are in desperate need of childrens clothes. I told my mom I would go through all the old baby clothes we have and I would donate some. Well I thought there would be more that I wanted to keep honestly. Well I only kept maybe a grocery bag size pile worth and the rest I am donating. I was originally going to go through it for whenever we have a garage sale, but honestly I would much rather go to a place like that where it is desperately needed. I know it will go to great use. There are clothes from sizes newborn to 2T. There are summer and winter, pants and shorts, pajamas, jackets, sweatshirts, swim trunks, shoes and slippers, mittens and winter hats.

My mom is probably going to come by tomorrow and pick it all up and take it to the lady at their church on Sunday.
It really makes me feel good to know it is going to somewhere like that.
I thought it would be hard to get rid of all those baby clothes, but it was so much easier that I thought it was going to be. I kept a few things, just in case we do have a boy, but not much at all. I said if we do end up having another boy, I will just buy new stuff. But hopefully we will have a girl.

So off to scrapbook now.

1 comments:

Gabrielle said...

WOW! That's ALOT of stuff girl! I haven't donated in years. I save everything for yard sales. I think I'm going to have a huge yard sale soon and everything that doesn't sale I will donate. My garage has so much stuff, it would be nice to have it cleaned out. :)