Monday, June 1, 2009

June? Already?

Tell me it isn't true. It is June already? WOW. What crosses my mind first is that now it means that Christmas is only 6 months away. AHHH. I have started shopping, but now I really need to get my shop on. lol. I have some ideas on what we are going to get the kids, but nothing definate yet. For my moms side of the family we are making gifts again. I had this idea to put together a magnet board or cork board and a white board and frame it. Well I found a framed cork and white board at Target for $13.00. Ok I couldn't even make it for that price. The frame is black, and if I wanted a different color, I am just going to paint it. Then on top I am going to add a name, or some initials, or a word of some kind. Then I am going to attatch a ribbon to hang it from. So I need to start getting on those. I think I might stop at Target today and pick up one to play around with. I need to go to Michaels today anyways, so I will pick up some letters to attatch to the top.
For Jacobs side of the family we usually draw names, but who knows how that is going to go this year.....we probably won't be doing anything with them this year.
For Jacob and the kids I am thinking...
Ryan....?
Marcus...?
Little Jacob.... I am thinking a kid computer. They have some at Toys R Us or Target usually for like $20.00 or so. It is a learning computer with games and stuff like that.
Caleb....I was thinking maybe the same thing with the computer for Caleb. Depends on the age of thing.
Daddy Jacob....I am thinking about something like a turkey fryer. He has always wanted one, but it is just something we have never gotten. So I thought that would be a fun thing to have. It can go with our 2 bbq's. Then I can get him a big huge thing of oil to go with it as well.

Then there are the usual things I always get for Jacob and the kids. Every year they all get socks and underwear. We grew up getting that kind of stuff and I always do it for the kids as well. Then everyone usually gets a calender. I don't know why but my favorite thing to buy are the stocking stuffers. I have so much fun finding the perfect little things to put in their stockings. Each of the kids have 2 stockings...so there is a good amount of room to fill up. I mean most of it is pretty cheap stuff, but not junk at the same time. There is usually candy, and candy canes in there, oh and the ornament that I make each of them for that year. This year I want to put a fast food restaurant gift card in their stockings too. I had the idea for last year, but just never got around to actually getting them. I was thinking about 2 different $5.00 gift cards. Not that $5.00 will even buy a meal anymore these days, but I just thought it would be a fun little thing. So far this year I have gotten each of the kids a battery operated toothbrush for the stockings. I don't remember what else I have, but know I have gotten a few things. Really I don't have much shopping done. I got an outfit for Jacobs neice and a long sleeve shirt for little Jacob and 2 long sleeve shirts for Caleb. That is it so far. Like I said I really need to get on the ball now.

We have some more errands to get done today, but I want to get them done early so we can come home and I can get some stuff done around here.

omg...little Jacob just made me breakfast. A broken hot dog bun with a cold hot dog with ketchup. And he brought me a capri sun to go with it. ahhhh...how sweet. He made the same thing for Caleb as well. Man my little guy is growing up so fast. If we had milk he probably would have gotten into the milk and cereal too. :)

0 comments: