Sunday, January 4, 2009

We have been so busy since Christmas

Really we have been so busy. I worked the Sunday after Christmas. We took down all the Christmas decorations, had another Christmas gathering at my grandmas house to exchange our handmade gifts, Jacob has been working a TON of hours, my niece has spent the night several nights, I painted a cabinet unit black, rearranged our bedroom, organizing things around the house, putting all the Christmas stuff away, playing TONS of wii, laundry, Jacob had to work on New Years Eve, and just the usual busy stuff.
We had a great Christmas and I will post all the Christmas photos in another post. The kids got SO much stuff really. When I was putting just the babies clothes away they EACH got 13 outfits. We got alot of movies this year. I think I counted 12 movies we got all together as a family. So much stuff, but I will recap all that later.


I was eager to put away all the Christmas stuff because I was ready for the house to get back to "normal". The pine needles were everywhere no matter how many times I vaccuumed.
Remember this cabinet?

Well now it looks like this. I have been wanting to paint it black for some time now and just haven't gotten around to doing it. Well I finally did it. I love the way it turned out. I have a few painting things I need to get finished and a few I want to start now. I want to paint the coffee table black, and I need to finish one wall in the living room, and touch up from where the fish tank was, and I need to finish up our bathroom (with a different shade of light blue), I want to do something with the kitchen cabinets (do you think black would look ok on the kitchen cabinets?), I want to paint the Ryan and Marcus' room and their bathroom too. I guess I need to start on that painting soon if I want to get it all done this year.

Well I had more to post but for some reason blogger is taking a very long time to add pictures tonight, so in fear of losing this post I will just end it now. I will post again tomorrow.


3 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Wow, you have been busy, we thought you fell off the face of the earth! Where's Nicole? Anybody heard from her? Nope! Anything new on her blog? Nope! Glad your back, missed you!

Anonymous said...

Wow the cabinet looks really nice. Great job!!

Gabrielle said...

Looks good! I have lots of painting I want to do too! If you come help me I'll go help you! :)