Thursday, January 8, 2009

How does time fly?

I swear the days lately just seem to fly by. I really swear that there are not enough hours in one day sometimes.

So I have started a sketch thing on the stores blog. You can see the site here. I will also be posting the sketches here. On the stores blog though I am going to be posting other layouts that are created by anyone in the store as well. So here was the first sketch I posted.












LEFT RIGHT


This is a double 12x12 page layout. I know they aren't the best in scans, but you get it right? So I will post a picture of my layout I did based on my sketch. I am dropping off a bunch of sketches at the store tomorrow afternoon and Vesta is going to scan then for me. (I only have a 81/2 by 11 scanner). I am really getting into the sketch thing and have been really coming up with some good ones. I know one of my biggest challenges in my scrapbooking is trying to fit alot of pictures on my layouts. So my next sketch has something like 16 photos on it. Can't wait to share it.
This is something else I have been up to lately. I made this ribbon mess into ...

this.

I had all this ribbon in a big tub. It just wasn't working anymore. It was too stuffed full to even dig through without having to take it all out. So I sorted it all (with little Jacobs help) by color. He knows his colors well since he was even making sure we sorted by light blue and dark blue. He is so silly. So we put each color on a jump ring and then I put all those jump rings on one huge jump ring. It is hanging on a nail in my storage closet. I like the way it looks all together like that. I would love to leave it out, but the babies would most definately be playing in it. So away out of sight it goes. The one thing about it being in the big tub too, was that I didn't actually get to SEE all of it. So there were alot of ribbons that I had forgotten that I had. So that is another reason I really wanted to get it out where I can see it. I do have to say I don't know what happened because I was never really a ribbon kind of person. With having all boys I always thought it was too 'girly'. Just recently I have really gotten into ribbon and I guess I like it more than I thought I did. LOL.

I am working on some layouts right now. I have written down all the layouts that I need to do for the pictures I have. I have written out the layout ideas that I want to do. I even went through a huge tub of old photos looking for some things. I found my junior high graduation photos, my high school graduation photos, a few of my grandma that has passed away, some of my dads house, and a few other things that I want to get scrapbooked this year. I can't wait to get started. I have a bunch of photos to have printed that I need to add to the list, and have printed out as well.
So I think on that note I will get to printing some journaling for a few layouts right now and then get a few more pages done that are in the process.

0 comments: