Monday, January 12, 2009

Still here

Just been busy creating alot of layouts I guess.
So far this year I have created

1 page layouts: 2
2 page layouts: 3
Cards: 1
That is really a total of 8 layouts. So I think that is pretty good for being the 12th of this month.
My camera card is full so that is why I haven't been able to take a picture of them yet. Soon though.

I have also been really into downloading fonts lately. My favorite site is THIS ONE . I have found some great ones. I think they are all free, but not positive. I have been doing a bit more computer journaling and stuff for a few of my layouts lately and I am really liking it. I am not usually a huge computer journaler, but I think it is a nice change for sometimes.

I am working on a bunch of layouts from when it snowed. I had so many pictures I had to come up with "catagories" so I could do different layouts and figure out how I was going to group them for layouts. Here is what I ended up with.
1. Building a snowman (A single page layout with pictures from us building a snowman and the kids with the final result)
2. Caleb's first snow day ( A double page layout with all photos of Caleb enjoying the snow including eating it and laying down in it)
3. Snow much fun (A double page layout with an overall snow day recap and photos)
4. Pictures of nature in the snow (A double layout of some pictures I took of trees and bushes and "nature" covered in the snow)
5. The aftermath (A double page layout with all the pictures of what everything looked like the next day. It was much easier to get pictures this day since it wasn't snowing and fogging up my camera lens, and it was sunny which really made for some nice snow pictures).

I *think* this covers all the catagories, but I am not sure. I am still debating on weather or not I am going to do a layout with Jacob pictures, and ones for Ryan and Marcus too. I just don't know yet. I am really loving these snow layouts though. I have BoBunny light blue and brown snow line (I can't remember the name of the line) and I am really enjoying working with it. I do love blue and brown together that is for sure.

In an effort to stay a bit more organized and not so scatterbrained (that happens with 4 boys) I made a list of all the layouts I know that I want to get done this year (or into next if it so be). I went through ALL of our pictures that are printed, and the ones in my "To Be Printed" file on the computer and made a list. I also went through and old box of photos I had in the garage and I found a few things I have been wanting to get out (like my hs graduation photos, my college graduation, some of my dad, some of my passed away grandma and grandpa, my junior high school graduation). It was alot of fun looking through that big tub of photos. So then I printed out my list and am going to highlight them as I get them done. I can add to the list at anytime, and just print it out again. Which happened because just the day after I first printed out the list I thought of 4 other things I wanted to add to my list.
So here is my list, and growing...
Layouts to be completed

Caleb reading
Snow day
Caleb eating and laying on the snow
Words of wisdom
Thanksgiving 2008 at moms
Christmas morning 2008
Christmas day 2008
Thanksgiving mantooth cousins
Elizabeth in pink and blue sweater
Goals for 2009
Jacob leaning on pillar in front yard
Picture day in front yard of ryan
Picture day in front yard of marcus
Picture day in front yard of Jacob
Picture day in front yard of caleb
Jacob thumbs up making cookies
Decorating Christmas cookies
Big bear
Big bear discovery center
Jacob and caleb playing outside in backyard…getting wet
Ryan #14
A week in the life day shift
A week in the life swing shift
A week in the life graveyard
Caleb with angel wings
Jacob and caleb hugging (several pictures)
Caleb wrinkly nose
Caleb walking with hands behind his back
Marcus and Jacob licking the spoon
Ryan and marcus track meet
Visiting santa 2008
Matt and amberleys wedding
Handmade Christmas at mamaws
Group shot of Everyone
Jacobs heart surgery
Wii playing
My work
Jacob and caleb playing legos
Christmas parade 2008
Jacobs motorcycle accidents
Jacobs 30th birthday
Jacob bbqing (get a few more pictures)
My cal Baptist graduation
My car accident in the neon
Jacob pouty face
Jacob at my scrapbook table (get a picture of caleb there too)
Jacob tummy sault
Jacobs love of motorcycle helmets
How Jacob and I met (old photos in bathtub)
Jacobs hospital stays
Mamaw and 3 girls (then and now)
My dad house
Memories of my dad
Memories of papaw
My dads funeral
Matts high school graduation
Old apartment (2 story)
Caleb sitting with pumpkin 2007
Christmas 2007
We recycle
Lessons learned (stolen bikes)
Confessions of a stay at home mom
My high school graduation
My junior high school graduation
Mom and dons wedding
Mamaw and jims wedding
My mom and dads wedding pictures
Grandma rigdon
Me and Jacob through the years
My first car – Honda prelude
My softball photo
4th of july blackhawk concert 2000
caleb in the shower with pajamas on
mothers day 2008
marcus 11th birthday photo shoot
our hotel room at matts wedding
hailee and Jacob (several)
my vacuum
easter 2008
eclipse
oro grand train bridge
Jacob skateboarding in front yard
Marcus and tapatio
Grocery shopping (Include a scanned receipt from store)
Me with ryan
Me with marcus
Me with Jacob
Me with caleb
Hailee in pink in front yard
Jacobs clubhouse
Jacobs truck
Jacob close up from new camera
Jacob and caleb in front yard
My camera
Interview with ryan for 2009
Interview with marcus for 2009
Interview with Jacob for 2009
Interview with caleb for 2009
How I love thee, let me count the ways...
Calebs kissiness
Finding a chirstmas tree
Twenty wishes (inspired by a book I read called twenty wishes)
Bucket list (similar to above)

a love letter to ryan
a love letter to marcus
a love letter to jacob
a love letter to caleb
a love letter to (daddy) jacob

Another thing that I am so excited about that is coming up is a date that Jacob and I are going on. Yes we are actually going on a date just the two of us. For Christmas my brother and sister in law got us a gift card to Olive Garden and movie passes. So my mom is going to watch the kids and we are going to dinner and a movie. I am so excited I can't stand it. We haven't gone out since my birthday back in July. I have no idea what movie we are going to go see yet, actually I haven't even looked. I think I might do that now. We might go register for our wedding at Target that night too, but we will see how timing for it all goes. Jacob is also off on Thursday and I am thinking we are going to rent a movie, get some popcorn and all of us cozy up in the living room and have a family movie night. We haven't gotten to do that since before Thanksgiving. I love those kinds of moments so much.
I have been doing some stuff for the wedding. I am trying to think ahead and plan for Jacob's 4th birthday which is the middle of next month already. I don't even know what we are going to do for it yet. I was thinking Chuck E Cheese, but since Jacob and I both have large families, it is going to cost a good chunck, so I don't know yet. I am still looking into all our options.
I am working on a layout called Confessions of a SAHM. It is the "truths" of being a stay at home mom, versus what I imagined it would be like when I was working full time and had no kids at home. It is going to be a fun layout.
Well I think that is it for now.
Off to finish up those snow layouts. Hopefully I can post pictures of those real soon.

1 comments:

cheryl McAdam said...

Wow! I thought I took alot of pictures, you have me beat by about a gazillion. How fun a date! I don't think Dave and I have been on a date since 1994! I have a teenager who can babysit and I still don't go on dates. If you could put those stickers in a bag for me that would be great. Are they the embossed ones? Are the buttons the snaps and eyelets? I have the snaps and eyelets, but if they are buttons please put them in my bag. Thanks! Do you have any pics of Jacob doing boy stuff like digging, or bug hunting? I have a project that needs to be a boy book, but I have no boy pics.