Tuesday, July 28, 2009

First Silhouette Project

The first thing I made (besides just cutting out things for fun) was this Thank U card. Ok so we go to my moms on Saturday for lunch and guess what...surprise on me my entire family was there including my brother and sister in law who drove down from Sacramento just to come to my little surprise party. :) It was fun to have everyone there. We had lasagna for lunch and then we had cinnamon strusel cake with strawberries for dessert. It was yummy. Then I got to open presents. One aunt got me a trunk. I love it and put it in the living room with a blanket and a tray on top. Since I had just rearranged the living room again (lol) I had the most perfect spot for it. I will just be storing extra blankets and pillows I think in it. Then my other aunt got me a Target gift card, a baby's first year calendar, and a purple shirt. Of course my mom and step dad got me the silhouette. My brother and sister in law got me another Target gift card. Then my grandma gave me some money.
So I went to Michaels yesterday to spend the cash I got. I spent only $20.00 extra dollars. I got a heat gun finally. (I got this at Joanns actually with my coupon so I only spent 12.00 on it).


Then at Michaels I got some open stock papers and a DCWV stack...which I cannot find anywhere online. So I will just take a picture of it for you. It is called the ECO stack. Lots of greens, browns blues and reds. I usually don't like to buy stacks but it was also on sale and I got it for 12 or 13 bucks, so I said why not. I like all of the papers in it. I also got some birthday party supplies for Jacob's next birthday party. (in February). But we are going to do a pirate party and they had some of the stuff on sale so I got a few things.

So here is my first Silhouette project. Everything is cut out using my silhouette.
Then I just had to use my new heat gun of course. So I embossed the white circles on the front of the card, and the word Thankyou on the inside of the card. I like the way they turned out.
However now I am mad at my silhouette. It has been working fine since Saturday. Well I went to use it this afternoon and it isn't working. When I try to open my Library it says "invalid GIF signature". What the heck is that? I called quickutz and they had already closed. I emailed them and didn't hear back from them. I tried uninstalling the program and reinstalling it and that didn't work. I tried to call my brother, the computer tech guy and left him 2 messages and he didn't answer or call me back. GRRRRRRRRR. Of course both the babies are already asleep tonight and it would be the most perfect time to work on stuff and it won't work. So I guess I will just have to wait and call quickutz first thing in the morning. Darn it.


We got this movie today and watched it. We have all of them, so we of course had to add this one to our collection. We liked it, but still the first one is the best.



So off to see what I can play with now since my new toy isn't working.

0 comments: