Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Story...A Layout

This is the layout that I actually got done the other day. I was suprised because I started it late one night and actually got to sit down with it again the next morning and finish it up. This usually never happens and it ends up taking me much longer than that to get one layout done.
Since I haven't gotten to do anything with the pictures from my ultrasounds yet, I was dying to use something in a girly color. I was going to go with pink at first, but since I am a true purple lover, I went with purple. I really love the way it turned out, and love this Basic Grey line.
I used the story torn notebook sheet cut from my silhouette.


Overall the layout is very simple, with not many embelishments, but I think that it is good that way. I know sometimes I get a bit excited with all the little extra things, and sometimes end up taking some off because it just looks like too much. Remember what our mothers taught us...Less is More.
I have had these pretty pins for such a long time and finally used them on a layout. I love the shimmery ribbon as well.
I really had tons of ultrasound pictures, but alot of them were the same pictures, so I decided to just use the best of the ones that I had. They are a progression of ultrasound pictures over all of the months.
The journaling just talks about how we were going to be done after having Caleb, and then after we got married in April we decided to try once more and no matter boy or girl it would be our last child, and we just happened to be lucky and got a girl this time. It talks about when I went to my ultrasound appointment and found out it was a girl as well.
Well the time for this little one is getting so close, and I cannot even believe it. I really need to figure out what outfit she is going to come home in and pack our bags. I am always a little nervous the closer it comes time because even though I am scheduled for a C Section...she could have a mind of her own and want to come early. So since it just a week and a few days away, I better get on that.
I have to go to LA on Monday for little Jacob to have his cast removed, and Jacob is making my mom go with me since he has to work because he is worried about me driving that far by myself. :) Which at first I didn't think it was a big deal about me going, but I do understand where he is coming from, so I am taking her with me.
I am dying to do some more scrapbooking, but just have not had a chance to even sit down at my desk the last few days.
I am actually going to work on my baby shower thank you cards before I do anything else. Hopefully I can get a few things done around the house today, and make it to the grocery store and then sit down to work on those.
I will share what I come up with.

0 comments: