Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Ready for our Baby Girl

So thought I would just quickly share some of what we have been up to lately. After my baby shower I have been busy getting it all set up and put together.
I found this baby bedding and INSTANTLY knew this is the exact one that I wanted. I didn't want all pink. Plus since her crib has to be in with the little boys, I wanted something with colors that I could draw from and use for the entire room without making it all too girls or too boyish.

Now don't mind the stars on the walls, we haven't had a chance to paint yet in the room. I am going to hang up beadboard wal paper, much higher than the midway point and then paint the top half of the wall. Im not exactly sure what color the top half will be yet, but it will match the bedding. Then I am going to make comforters in either the orange or turquoise for the boys beds.
I hung the paper lanterns and really like how they look. I want to get 2 or 3 pink ones to add to the mix as well.

Side view.

The room view from the door. I should have made the beds lol. I am going to paint the lamps and buy new white lamp shades at Target this weekend. I saw some for like 5.00. I will be making new curtains as well for the room that match.

**Note to self : Can't leave the baby wipes on the little bookcase because Caleb loves to get into them and take them all out of the bucket. I should have remembered he always loved doing this.**
This is a close up of the blanket that my grandma made for us. I think it is so darn cute. I love the little pink and grey elephants. :)
I got the pack and play all set up in the living room for right now. I wanted to make sure that we had the bassinet part to it. We used it for Caleb, but never the bassinet part, so I couldn't remember. The swing is all set up next to it for now as well.
The carseat all ready to go.

I got this carrying thing at Ross yesterday for 12.00. SCORE! It is like 25.00 at Target. I really wanted one of these, so I was so excited to find it for such a good price.
All the clothes hung up in the closet. :) I love how they all look together hanging in there. Look at all that pink lol.

Some of my favorite stuff, and some new stuff as well.
I love the colors in this dress that my aunt got for us. Pictures are sure to follow in this dress.

I got this winnie the pooh outfit on clearance yesterday at Target. Love that it isn't pink lol. I love black and red together, and winnie the pooh is so cute too.
I got this outfit along time ago, and have always loved it. It is pink, brown and red.

I got this outfit at Target last night as well. I think it looks very springy. I love that it isn't pink either. Not that I have anything against pink, I just got so much pink already.
I found this one at Ross yesterday too. It was also on clearance. This is a 6 month outfit. I thought it was so cute...those little polka dot pants and the spagetti straps. :)
Tonight I am working on a butterfly picture for over her crib. Can't wait to share. I keep changing my ideas, so it is taking longer than I thought it would. But I did finally find the frame I am going to use in my frame stash..so that is at least a good start.

0 comments: