Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Green Bean Casserole

I wanted to share one of the dishes I am making for Thanksgiving. We are going to my moms first and then to Jacobs moms. Then it is home for the day. Jacob starts a MUCH NEEDED 9 day vacation on Thanksgiving and I am so glad and so excited.
Growing up I never liked green beans, but something happened as I got older (and wiser maybe :) ). So to my moms I am taking Green Bean Casserole, cheesecake, a cherry pie (at Marcus' request), maybe brownies and I think that is it. I am making the napkin ring holders also, which as my usual self have not even started on yet. I have the idea in my mind so I don't think it will be too hard. I need a few more things and am going to pick those up tomorrow when I go into work to pick up my paycheck.
So here is casserole recipe (we do it a bit different though then the original calls for )

GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE

1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
1/8 tsp. black pepper
2 (14 1/2 oz.) cans cut green beans
1 1/3 cups Frenchs Fried Onions

**Our twist is that I usually double the recipe and instead of using two cans of cream of mushroom soup I use one can of mushroom soup and one can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
**Also sometimes we will add some cheese (usually the mexican blend cause that is all I buy) in with it as well.


DIRECTIONS

1. Mix soup, milk and pepper in a baking dish. Stir in green beans and 2/3 cup onions (1 1/3 cup if you double the recipe)
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot.
3. Stir. Top with remaining onioins. Bake 5 minutes until onions are golden.


(photo taken from French's website)

I made some really cute gift tags last night and will share those later. (I need to take a few pictures first). I also made a cute camera strap cover yesterday. I have been seeing them all over online (especially etsy) and decided to make one of my own. It was so easy and I am thinking of making a few more and trying to sell them on my etsy store as well. I want to go to Joanns tomorrow and get some pretty material. I made mine out of Miami Dolphins material because that is what I had laying around. So I will try to remember to take a picture of that as well.
Been busy also planning our wedding. I am pretty sure we now have the date set at April 11. We are going with Navy Blue and White. I have so many ideas and I couldn't sleep last night becuase all these ideas were just flowing in my brain (and yes I did write them down so I wouldn't forget). I am going to start full force working on that at the first of the year. It is too much to try to do at the holidays time. So I will be sharing that stuff as well later on.
Off to clean up the house, and then do some creative stuff. I have a full day of to dos tomorrow so I won't get a chance to get anything fun done or around the house. (well tomorrow night I have to work on those napkin rings though).
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comments:

Jennifer Priest said...

Congrats on the wedding Nicole!! If you need any help making favors and such, just let me know and I'd be happy to help.

Love the casserole recipe. This has not been a tradition in my family but maybe this year we will try it.

Can't wait to see your tags and camera straps! Happy Turkey Day too.