Tuesday, May 20, 2008

WOW we have been so busy this past week...

Been so busy this past week it is crazy. The busiest time was this weekend. Friday, Saturday and Sunday were packed full. Friday Jacob ended up having the day off since he worked 10 days straight in a row. So we got up and got his paycheck, went to the bank, got him and Baby Jacob haircuts and then went to IHOP for breakfast. After IHOP we went to the tax place to pick up some paperwork and then we went to Home Depot. Jacob dropped me off with Caleb to start getting some boards for the outside fence while he had to run home and pick up Ryan and Marcus. They have half day on Fridays and we didn't leave the door unlocked. So he met me back there and we got some boards for the fence and some stuff to try to unclog the boys bathroom toilet. We came home and then I had to go to work. Jacob had to go back to Home Depot to buy a new toilet because there were uno cards and a toy so stuck in the toilet they were not coming out. It was really cheap though, so that is good. So he got the new toilet on and the fence boards put up all while I was at work. I got home and he had just the gate latch to put on. So then we had to go pick up Marcus from Jacobs moms house. So we got some El Pollo Loco for dinner and swung by to pick him up. The boys ended up spending the night with Savannah. So we came home and watched 27 dresses. I had to work all day on Saturday. Jacob went and got us Tom's for breakfast and then I had to run out the door. I came home for lunch and then we were going to Jacob's sisters for dinner. They did it as an early dinner so Jacob and the babies headed over there about 5 and when I got off at 6:15 I headed over there too. We had tacos and hung out a bit. The older kids ended up spending the night over there this night. So we came home and relaxed. Sunday we had to get up and go down the hill. We had to have baby Jacob sized for his tux for my brothers wedding. So Jacobs mom and sister Jamie and family friend went with me. Jacob wanted to stay home just incase anything happened to the truck since we haven't driven it further than across town since we bought it. It did good except for the air started blowing hot instead of cold. After about 45 minutes of fighting with the stupid people for their mistake we finally got him sized and we were out the door. We then headed to Maruki in West Covina. It is a Japanese grocery store. Very neat store. I got tons of Udon for Jacob and the kids (the Japanese version of top ramen). I also got pot stickers and some Japanese trail mix stuff. So we headed home and dropped everyone off. Everyone met at our house for Jacob to refill their air conditioners with the kit he bought. So we all did this and then us and Jamie and her family met with Jacobs other sister and bil (Michelle and Tommy) at Del Taco for dinner and then we went to the fair. It was so much fun. Daniel and Kortney came too. We didn't leave the fair until almost 10:30pm. The big kids all got wrist bands and then the adults and babies walked around.

The first thing we did when we got there was go see the bear show. Cute. Hard to see and hear anything though. But the babies liked it.
Then we went through all the stalls with the pigs, goats and cows. (**don't mind the pink stroller, Hailee wouldn't sit in it and Jacob didn't want to walk anymore**).

Then Jamie and I took Jacob and Hailee into the feeding petting area. They fed the goats and the miniature horse. They LOVED this.






I actually had someone take a picture of me and Jacob while we were there too. I actually like this picture, and have been playing with it in photo editing. That is why it got saved as black and white. I am going to print it out big and frame it soon. As soon as I get more ink that is.
Daniel and Kortney.
Michelle and Tommy.
Jamie and Jason.

Caleb had his first taste of candy really. He had a handful of cottoncandy. He loved it.


Then we bought a few tickets for the little ones to ride some rides as well. We found that they weren't tall enough for many of the rides though. They got to go on a canoe together all by themselves.


Then they went on a flying one with Aunt Michelle and a spinning bear with Aunt Jamie.



They did get to ride on the turtles alone.

We went to find the big kids in the ride area. I love the ferris wheel and had to take a picture of it.

We had the kids stand by this Jesture to take their picture.

On our way out we were stopping for Michelle to get funnell cake and Savannah and Jacob wanted to be lemons, so we did.


I caught this picture when we were leaving and I love it. It is a bit blurry and dark, but I just love how they are walking together.


Sunday was such a long day and our feet were killing us after we got home, but it was such a fun day. We had so much fun at the fair. We usually don't even go, but just to see how much the kids loved every minute of it was so worth it.

I don't know what my favorite part of the fair is. We walked around the buildings and saw some interesting stuff. I loved the thin fish tanks you hang on the wall. Just like the thin tvs. So cool looking. The food, even though Jacobs zuccini cost $7.00 it was so good. HUGE pieces. The funnell cake even though we didn't get any I had a bite. Michelles corn with butter, parmesean cheese and pepper was pretty good too. The lights, I love the ferris wheel all lit up. I think it was just fun to get out of the house and have a really nice time with other adults and to see the kids have such a great time.
Yesterday was so busy too. I tried to leave and get all my stuff done super early because I wanted to beat the heat. Which didn't work since it was already 86 degrees at 8am. I had to go pay the gas and electric bill, post office for stamps and get some stuff mailed out, get gas, take Jacob Bakers for lunch,stop by credit union, to the library for Caleb's birth cerificate, to Target,stop by Jacobs sister Renees house for his mom to drop off some stuff, to Winco, drive through Taco Bell, pick up the kids at home, to the bread store, drop off Jacobs mom, to Stater Brothers for charcoal, Blockbuster to return our movies and pick out 2 more (we joined the monthly membership with unlimited movie rental), and then home. What a day.
Must clean the house today since I put it off most of the weekend.
Jacob made us dinner when he got home last night from work. Well he BBQ'd the ribs and OMG they were the best ribs we have ever had. Tonight we are having hamburgers.
Sorry this post was so long, just had alot to get caught up on.

0 comments: