Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Marukai

These are photos from our trip to Marukai on Sunday. (The store photo I had to get from the website). The store is pretty cool. I love the bowls and dishes and fun stuff like that. Most people don't know that Jacob's grandma is full Japanese. So Jacob and all my kids have some Japanese in them. I think this is so cool. I honestly really didn't pay attention before to the fact that there is a big difference in Japanese and Chinese culture and food. We got to a Japanese restaurant sometimes and even though I get the same Teriyaki Chicken it is very good and has a different taste from Chinese food. I would love for us to go to Japan one day. I think that would be so amazing. Jacobs dad was born in Okinowa (spelling??) and came to America when he was 2 years old. Even though my kids (well the older to a little bit) look nothing like Japanese is is neat to say that they have that in them.


Most everything in the store is complete Japanese packaging and all. So if I don't know what it is, then I am not buying it because who knows what I am really getting.



Here are Jacob and Hailee in the cart together enjoying the ride.


I have all of our names written out in Japanese and I have a line of paper that I want to finish putting together a layout with our names written out on it. I think I might pull that out and work on it today in fact.

0 comments: