Monday, September 22, 2008

What we have been up to lately.

This is what $234.00 at Winco, and $40.00 at Stater Brothers looks like. Oh my. We went grocery shopping on Saturday. I haven't done a BIG shopping trip in quite some time. Lately we have just been going every few days. So we went to Stater Brothers for the powerade and water. With a coupon you got 20 powerades and 2 CASES of water for $15.00. So we got 40 powerades and 4 cases of water. Then we went to Winco across town. (I am so excited that they are opening one down the street from us next month). We got SO MUCH stuff. I just had to take a picture of it all unloaded before we put it all away. Our fridge in the garage is stuffed full of powerade and water. It is so nice not having to go to the store every few days, and I can just go into the kitchen and decide what to make for dinner. I love it.

Made some cookies the other night out of a cake mix. Lemon crisps. They were good. With a lemon glaze on top.
Which Jacob helped me make and decided that they were A OK!

RECIPE AS FOLLOWS...

Lemony Crisps

1 pkg. Pilsbury Moist Supreme Lemon Cake Mix

1/3 cup oil

2 eggs

1/4 cup sugar

1 cup powdered sugar

2 to 3 tbs lemon juice

yellow colored sugar

1.Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil and eggs. Stir with spoon until thouroughly moistened. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Place sugar in shallow dish. Dip bottom of glass in sugar and flatten cookies to 1/4 inch thickness.

2. Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheets.

(I doubled the icing recipe and was glad that I did. Gave me more room to play with drizzling them over the cookies)

3. In small bowl combine powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with colored sugar before icing sets.

The kids really liked them. They were good. Not too lemony but just enough lemony flavor. Yum!

Picked this up at Target last night. The Manning Brides . Looks like it might be good.


These two were playing with chalk in new ways. It was even in their hair. I told Marcus he looks like the Hulk. I see a layout coming for this one. My silly guys.

On Wednesday night we tried out a new restaurant for Jacob's birthday. It was ok. Food was good, but a bit pricey even with ordering their nightly special. We waited a bit long for them not really being busy. Was nice to get out of the house though.



Rented Sex and The City the other night. Good movie. I loved the show and was so excited to rent it the other day. Made me cry of course.



Look what is staring on THIS Thursday. Yes my FAVORITE SHOW, Grey's Anatomy is coming back. I can't wait. Even though we don't have tv right now I can still watch it the next day online. I watched last seasons final episode last night just to refresh.

Going to put a roast in the crock pot tomorrow morning and let it cook down all day. YUM. I have been craving a roast lately. I think it is the cooler weather in the evenings making me want it. The crispness that Fall is coming.

Well off to bed. Maybe read a few pages in my book first. Jacob is off for the next 3 days and I am so excited. We plan to stay home and not really do much. I have some yard work plans and he wants to work on his truck a bit, but nothing major. I like it that way though.

0 comments: