Saturday, October 17, 2009

Cards


I wanted to get an early start today since I have a few things to do today. Just been moving along, and by the time I would sit to post something I had no energy to do it, so the blog therefore suffers.

I have been in the card phase again and wanted to share some cards that I have made recently.


I made this one with glimmer mist. I haven't played with the few bottles that I have in a while. So then it caused me to pull out the few bottles of alcohol inks I have as well. I ai with several shadeds of blue on photo paper. I let it dry and then punched out the butterflies. I then white embosses on the glimmer misted sheet. Rounded the corders and pop dotted the entire thing to a white card. I really love the way it turned out. This picture gives it no justice really. The lighting was bad when I took it, since it was dark outside already. I love the little last pop of detail that the little silver pearls add.

I made a set of 3 of these (well similar) to put in my etsy store as well. I was just having so much fun playing with the glimmer mist and embossing. On the etsy store cards though, I embossed bridal ( I think it was bridal) embossing powder on the large button. Love how it gives just a little extra "sparkle". (that is the picture above..blogger won't let me move any photos right now)


This card was cut out from my silhoutte die cutting machine. I love this card. I love black with a pop of color. Then I cut from the same color paper the flower image. I used the purple side and glued it to the front of the card, and added some more of those silver pearls. Love it. Such a simple and easy card. I need to get this in an envelope so I can give it to my sister in law today (whose birthday was last weekend).

This was a print and cut image from the silhouette. I love those little birds. I wanted to cut out or stamp the thank you, but had run out of time when I needed to use this card, so I just hand wrote it. I added some stickles to the feathers of the bird after I cut it out too. The green image behind is also a silhouette cut out image. Man the lighting on this card is horrible too....uck.

I cut out these little cupcakes on the silhouette also. It was really a more detailed cupcakes, but I ungrouped them all and then added the icing image to the top of the cupcake and then welded it all back together to make it one solid image so it would cut out just like this. Another pretty simple card, which I love.

Here is one last image of the first card (again since it won't let me move it to the top of this post lol).

Well off to start the day. I have to run to Target and pick up a few things, go grocery shopping since the cabinets are bare and my poor husband has been without coffee 2 mornings in a row now when he left for work, and I have some layouts that I want to get finished and another one I have an idea for that I am dying to sit down and work on. Oh and I have to stop at Joann's as well. Today starts the 5 for .95cents paper and I need a few more sheets to finish up the baby shower invitations for my mom.
:)





0 comments: