Friday, February 27, 2009

Jacob's 4th Birthday Party

Well Sunday was Little Jacobs 4th Birthday Party. The party started around 2pm. I made some Homemade Lasagnas (Jacob calls it zalagna. lol) that turned out great. We had garlic bread and a big salad. Some friends of ours that came brought 3 peperoni pizzas (which was so nice). We had a veggie tray that my mom brought. It was good. It was nice having it all cooked by the time everyone got here as well, so we could relax and enjoy it all too. Here are some pictures from the day.
This was the table with all the food. Jacob's nephew was playing with my camera and was taking silly shots around the house and I actually like the way this one turned out.


Here is some people at the table eating. (Yes that is Jacob's sister with the fushia hair. I like it, and really that is so his sister. She is crazy like that and it totally fits her. She usually has a diffrent color with different holidays and sesasons)The pinata was alot of fun. Jacob, Caleb, Hailee and Elizabeth were the only ones who wanted to hit it. Well alot of swinging and hitting it, it didn't break so Jacobs sister Jamie got in there and busted it open for the kids.

There was alot of playing pool table as Jacob calls it. He loves to sit up there and shoot the balls into the pockets. He has loved playing pool since his second birthday party. Maybe one day when he gets older he will make mommy and daddy alot of money doing this. LOL. He is pretty good too. He holds the pool stick better than I can.



He got alot of presents as usual. He got some a new bike from mommy and daddy. We saved his big gift to give him at his party instead of his actual birthday. I am glad we had decided to do this especially since we came home from the hospital on his actual birthday too. He got clothes, movies, toys, a basketball hoop, a cars tent, a rocker thing (like a horse but not a horse), hand held video games, grandpa jim made him some mini wood golf clubs, a travel light brite (oh how I loved mine when I was younger), crayons and coloring books. Just all kinds of stuff. He loved it all, but especially his bike. He told us the other day that "It was the best bike he has ever seen." I am so glad he thinks so. I had to go to a few different store to find it.

He had NO idea he was getting it, and was so excited when Daddy wheeled it in from outside.



Then we had cake and icecream. I made cupcakes actually. I made 40 plus cupcakes and decorated them to look like sports balls. We had footballs, baseballs, basketballs and soccer balls. The cupcakes were all the same, chocolate and yellow cake swirled. Then the footballs all had chocolate icing and the others all had cream cheese and just the basketballs I made orange icing with food coloring. Then designs on top were just little gel icing decorating things I got at the grocery store. One day before Valentines Day I found these valentines that were a box with sports ball chocolates in them. Well I got a few boxes of each kind, and didn't know exactly what I was going to do with them, but loved that it was our theme. So I decided to add them to the top of each of their coordinating cupcake. I think they turned out cute.



Well when everyone was over my sister in law Jamie showed me the invitations to her daughters birthday party and they are soooo stinking cute. It is a princess party and the invites are mini scrolls. They are adorable. I can't wait to get mine. I think that idea would be so cute as a little baby girl birth announcement too. I will share when I get mine.
I am waiting for my mom to bring home Little Jacob from their birthday date. My mom wants to take each of the kids out for their birthdays for lunch, just the two of them. So since we were at the hospital and then still not feeling our best when we got home, they decided to do it today. She took him to Johns Incredible Pizza. I am sure he had a blast. They will be home soon I think. I miss him, and it is so weird him not being here with me.
I guess I could get some cleaning up done around here since Caleb is now asleep too. All this quiet is weird that is for sure.
Well I think we might have house guests again tonight. Ryan and Marcus' real mom is here from Germany and her and her husband stayed here the other night, and I dont' know if they are staying tonight too, or not. I want to take some pictures of them with her and their other half brother too before she leaves.
Ok off to clean up the kitchen now...I think.

1 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Aww Happy Birthday Jacob! :)

Looks like everything turned out so nice! Seems like forever since we've chatted! Hope to see you soon!